Strikes Rummy also known as Points Rummy is the fastest rummy variant where players play for points which have a pre decided monetary value. One winner takes home all the cash at the end of the game.
The winnings are calculated based on what the other players score and the monetary value of those points minus the rake.
The trick to winning at Strikes is to meld your hand quickly and sharply to call a successful show. Also, avoid holding on to random cards that do not fit into any group.
Points to note:
- Each game lasts only for 1 deal
- Each player brings in a minimum of 80 * Points Value to the table
- The points have a pre-determined value
- Drop Points: First drop – 20 points and Middle drop – 40 points and Full count – 80 points
- To Win, you need:
- One Pure Sequence (Sequence without Joker) - Compulsory
- Second Sequence (Can be with or without Joker) - Compulsory
- Remaining cards can be grouped (meld) into sets or sequences of minimum 3 cards each
- The player with a valid show gets 0 points, the remaining players accumulate points that are a sum of their ungrouped cards (Ungrouped cards are those which cannot be grouped into valid sets and sequences)
- The winner gets the prize money which is calculated by multiplying the total points of all the losing players with the point value minus the rake